About 6-8 weeks ago I did a two-day intensive Facebook course with Laurel Papworth. With social media playing an ever increasing role in marketing communications, I wanted to keep abreast of all the latest changes to the platform.
Laurel is a highly engaging, entertaining and informative teacher. I learnt everything I came for and a whole lot more.
In fact, I was so impressed I asked Laurel if she would tailor the course for a club & pub industry audience and if she could also include an Instagram component.*
Lucky for us, she did – and this is the result.
2 DAY INTENSIVE: FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM FOR HOSPITALITY
Did you know that even if a customer or member likes your Facebook Business Page, Facebook will still remove your content from that person’s newsfeed nine times out of ten?
Let’s put a stop to that!
Most clubs and pubs use Facebook and Instagram (Facebook owns Instagram) and both channels have artificial intelligence (AI) programs to look at the content (text, links, video and photos, as well as hashtags and responses). If you don’t understand the latest algorithms and how to work with them, the vast majority of your social media posts will simply go unseen.
The Drop is delighted to present this intensive 2-day course with internationally recognised social media guru Laurel Papworth. Laurel who was named by Forbes magazine as one of the Top 50 Social Media influencers globally, has specifically tailored this course for the club and pub industry.
If you want to know things like:
- How to optimise your content?
- How to manage “preferred audience” vs “lookalike audience” to ensure you reach people, get people engaging through comments and reactions and clicking on your offers and promotions?
- Are you creating, finding and posting the right content to reach the right audience?
Then this course is for you!
The course is best suited for those who want to take their Facebook and Instagram “to the next level” and are not absolute beginners. However, some beginners will pick things up very quickly, but they must be confident with technology. This is not a basic, how to set up a page course.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE COURSE CURRICULUM:
- Facebook & Instagram Content Creation, posting, creating, images, videos, when to post?
- Facebook & Instagram Analytics, Insights, KPIs and Measurement
- Facebook & Instagram Ads & Boosted Posts: Understanding the Facebook Framework (F8), Advertising platform(s) including Power Editor, Pixel retargeting on both platforms
- Facebook Optimisation (FBO) & Instagram Algorithms Developing Content that works with the Algorithms ensuring it is seen and engaged with by Preferred Audience, Lookalike Audience and target Social Graph
- Business Apps: Integrate email such as Mailchimp apps and YouTube integrations also bring Instagram into Facebook.
- What are the competition regulations on Facebook and how to make an Instagram competition successful? And how not to let competitions muck up your target audience optimisation!
….plus a whole lot more!
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER – LAUREL PAPWORTH
Laurel was named by Forbes magazine as one of the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally, and Marketing Magazine named her “Head of Industry, Social Media”.
Author of Social Media Revenue, Laurel has consulted globally including with the Singapore Government and Middle East Broadcasting. In Australia, she has consulted with Westpac, Sony, and local, state and federal government.
Laurel manages massive gaming and online communities including millions of fans on Facebook and forums for reality TV shows such as Junior MasterChef, Idol and Big Brother.
Since 2005, Laurel has been teaching social media at the University of Sydney and she has been managing virtual communities since 1989.
Laurel’s blog laurelpapworth.com has been named by AdAge in the Power150 media blogs worldwide and she is considered one of the top ten bloggers in Australia.
Laurel Papworth personally connects with 6.8 million people through social media each month. She has 12,000 online students studying social media with her.
2 DAY INTENSIVE: FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM FOR HOSPITALITY
Date: Tuesday 10 & Wednesday 11 July 2018
Time: 9.30am – 5pm each day
Where: Club York (Level 2 York Events) 99 York Street Sydney NSW 2000
All attendees will also receive an additional online course with video lectures and workbooks to facilitate ongoing education.
Cost: $1,199 ($1079.10 + 119.90gst) OR
$1,100 ($1000 + $100gst) – financial Drop Members
ONLINE FACEBOOK COURSE FOR NON-ATTENDEES (OPTIONAL)
If you are a regional or interstate venue and can’t make it to Sydney, you can still learn from Laurel via her online video screencasts & workbooks. This online course has ten modules including:
- Facebook Pages & Groups
- Advertising & Boosted Posts
- How to set up a Facebook Business Page Properly
- Algorithms & Newsfeed Optimisation
- Analytics & Insights
- Facebook Privacy… and more.
It’s a great reference resource. And don’t forget, this online resource is included for all attendees of the 2-day intensive.
However, if you want to purchase the online course separately:
Online Facebook Course: $198 ($180 + $18gst) OR
$165 ($150 + $15gst) – financial Drop Members
BOOK NOW! THIS COURSE WILL FILL FAST!
Don’t forget to pass onto your staff, work colleagues, friend and your favourite social media and marketing managers! This course is a must for anyone working with social media within the hospitality industry.
For more information, contact Linda on 0419 954 999 or email email@example.com
*Article by Linda Joannides – Editor, The Drop